Wednesday, October 10, 2007

An ode to my kitchen gadgets

I think most of us have favorite items in our kitchens. However, for those girls who are just getting started cooking, I thought I would post some of my old time favorites as well as some new wedding presents that I'm falling in love with. What are your favorites?

KitchenAid Non-stick rolling pin from Kohl's. Simply awesome. I don't even consider using my wooden one anymore. This seems so much more sanitary and I love the way the handles are designed. No more skinned knuckles!!

KitchenAid Silicone Baking & Rolling Mat from Kohl's. I love just being able to put this down on the counter for kneading or rolling things out. I haven't even used it for baking yet because it is so great as a rolling mat. It can go in the dishwasher or I can wipe it down and spray with Clorox's new spray to disinfect.
Kitchen Shears rock! These are Henkels Brand from Kohl's. I have some ikea ones that are really nice too though.

Henkels Paring Knives. I have three different sizes and a chef's knife. These also came from Kohl's.
Pastry Blender: Honestly, I see no reason to even try making pie dough without one.


Cuisinart Cordless, Rechargable Hand Blender: It chops or it whips and cleans up quick. LOVE it!

Cuisinart 7 quart mixer:
I love this and use this so much, my husband even gave it a nickname. I chose this over a KitchenAid since there were things about my mom's KA Pro that have driven me crazy for years. This is a vast improvement so far. We were able to buy it at BB&B with a 20% coupon so it wasn't too much more than a KA and has an extra quart of capacity plus an auto shut down if it gets close to overheating AND it has a timer, which I find invaluable for 10 minute kneading jobs, or 2 minute spins for cake mix.

1 comment:

CB said...

omg. i want that non-stick rolling pin thingamabobber. The fact that the picture is red is a plus! teehee.