Thursday, October 25, 2007

Chocolate Cherry Heaven



Fellow knottie Jamie said she found this recipe on her bag of craisins. It sounded yummy so I had to try it. Instead of cherry flavored craisins I used actual dried cherries (I love the things). Next time I will chop them up a little bit before putting them in. I also goofed and used semi-sweet chips. You have to be prepared for some serious chocolate if you do it that way. I actually think they might be good with half milk & half semi-sweet. I liked these even better after they sat for a day or so.

BLACK FOREST COOKIES

1 (11.5oz) pkg. milk chocolate morsels (divided)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 (6oz) pkg. Cherry Craisins
1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsley chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Pour 3/4 cup chocolate morsels into an uncovered large microwave-safe bowl. Set remaining morsels aside. Microwave morsels for 2 minutes on high. Stir until smooth.

2. Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until throughly combined. Stir in remaining morsels, cherry craisins and nuts.

3. Drop by tbsp. fulls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 min or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch. For firmer cookies, bake for 14 min. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow...those look wonderful! Too bad my weirdo hubby doesn't like cherries! I might have to try them for SnB though.