Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mmmmm, cheese

I jumped on the cheesy potato soup band wagon and tried this on Monday. I needed something quick & easy, and this fit the bill better than other recipes I could find without having to look very hard. I apparently had used up all of our broccoli already, so I had to use broccoflower instead, which B. likes better anyway. I used red skin potatoes and left the skin on some, so I got red specks of color from those and green from the veggies. It looked quite pretty. I want to add some diced ham to this next time as I think it will make it even yummier (although topping with bacon is really good. I added a little bit extra cheese because I wanted it a little more thick & creamy. I baked up a couple of pillsbury whole wheat frozen dinner rolls and they were great for dipping in the "broth." This will definitely be on our list to make again, when my mom's creamy potato soup (no cheese) won't quite hit the spot.

Thanks Nikki for a great recipe: http://crazydeliciousfood.wordpress.com/category/soup/

No comments: